Friday, June 02, 2006

Chattooga Sect. IV PFD, May 30, 2006

Ran Chattooga from the Bull to the Lake for my first time, with my dad, Mike, and Jeremy Sanders. I wanted to use my big blue hurricane today, just for fun. Ran the middle line at The Bull. Surf Rapid went as usual Jeremy caught 3 eddies in that rapid. Screaming Left as usual it can be fun to end this rapid on left with a little boof. Ran Rock Jumble on the Wautaga Rout and went just to the right of the rock that splits the Wautaga Rout. Dad pitoned for a sec with the center rout. I ran Woodall skirting the main hole on right (this line is good up to about 1.2) Jeremy and Mike took the Rooster Tail line which looked fun, and my dad took the sneak which barely has any water in it. Ran threw Bob's Hole, almost flipped below there somewhere but I braced. Scouted and ran 7 Foot Falls set up on the left side of 7 foot right side with an ok boof a little bit higher water level. And the boof would of been better. On this rapid you have to make sure to get away from the wall right after seven foot because it can flip but is not undercut. Stekoa Creek Rapid is a fun slide/boof that is ran on the right after Stekoa Creek comes in. It can either be boofed right into an eddy or left into a little slot move. Ravens Chute be run on river left with a nice chute moving right. Their are other lines at higher levels but they are undercut. Ran Little Woodall on river left threw a slot the main line would of been funner at this level. Ran Entrance in the middle with a little finger boof on middle left there is a rock underwater so a boof is necesary. My dad and Mike ran on the right which is an easier line. Walked half of Corkscrew on right and put in to run the last hole. Ran Crack In The Rock threw middle which is the only line at this level. Have to boof a log in the left of the crack I didn't really with my 10 Ft boat and didn't quite punch the hole ended up on the right side of the crack against the wall held the by the boil and the back flow scraping at the wall to get a hand hold with none to be found. Couldn't dig in with my paddle because I would flip if I did. Ended up upside down and then I was flushed threw and handrolled up. At Jawbone I caught the eddy on the left and scouted. Ran from the left side of the eddy and down the left of hydro electric rock. Ran Sock em Dog just to the left of the lauch pad which was not runable at this level. Ran shoulder bone on the left with no problems. Paddled 2 miles to the take out and ended the day. A fun day.

The levels were:
1 Ft at the bridge
1.26 on the internet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home