Saturday, April 22, 2006

Reedy Cove Creek FD, April 22, 2006

Woke up at 6:30 am after 1" or more of rain. Headed off to Reedy Cove Creek. We hiked up to the bottom of Twin Falls and decided that it looked good to go.
The hike up to the top was pretty bad but not extremely, easier than the Blue Tag Trail on the Chattooga. Once we got up there and I saw the slide I felt like the hike wasn't so bad. The pool below the slide and above Twin Falls will be named Gateway To Death(class 0, class VI consequences) because of all the railroad dabree that was washed into the pool a long time ago. I hiked up to the top of the first set of slides I will name umm... Galactic Oddisea (class IV and maybe a 100 yards long). While hiking up to the top of the GO my dad and I trimmed some of laurel away from the river and removed a log from it. The top slides are the boniest and needed more rain but I still ran them. The small boulder gardens needs to be run on RR. After scraping down the top half the real fun started the next slides seemed to have no pools and less moss, more confined and more gradient/speed. Two places during the slide I would kinda grind a rock then fall back in the slide on time I straight up just jumped the grind rock and ended up in a trough without any water in it. At the bottom there is a slitely undercut rock on RR that the water pusher you in to so left angle would be good here. It is super beautiful in this mini gorge. I ran the slide probably 4 times and my dad 3 the last time my dad went he flipped because of that undercut wall. Make sure you take out at the pool with the rail road ties and a log jam (a person died a half a week earlier falling off the falls). The maybe is an alternate puttin at the top but I do not know it, but someday I will finish up the descent. We had an inch of rain and it was still fairly low maybe 1.5"-2" of rain for a full descent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home