Saturday, April 15, 2006

Camping trip by Brevard, April 13-14, 2006



Thursday my sister, dad, and I headed up to the campground next to the Davidson River.We set up camp, made smores, and all that jazz.

The next morning we went to the fish hatchery after the we went there we went up to Looking Glass Falls then to Morr Cove Trail which is a nice little trail that goes up to a pretty good sized undercut falls. You can walk under the falls which is pretty cool.
After that we headed up to the slide on Looking Glass Creek. There was a lotta people there but not to many braving the cold water on this 80 degree day. I ran the slide about ten or so times with my boat. It is realy fun even at this super low lvl (.8 on the Davidson). There is a nice rock jump in the middle of the slide that you can catch some air off of. I scouted super slide which maybe should be gone down left or middle. In the middle of an island in the bottom pool there are two trees which block much of the left side but a right line threw a boulder jumble may be possible.The next rapid is triple drop which looks to me like it only 2 drop but on the first one should probably be run right and then either a left slide kinda thing that may hit boulders or a right boof but it maybe super shallow. The rest of the run is technical steep boulder gardens which are probably IV-IV+. Alot of these boulder gardens have trees in them and this creek maybe in need of some service.I did not get to see all of the rest of the run.
We headed over to Dupont's Little River. We checked out behind the dam and it looks realy hard to get do to it but may be fun with a shuttle set up and also looks like it has some nice whitewater back there. My dad and little sister ran with me to Hooker. At Hooker it was realy shallow and I penciled in and hit a rock on the bottom both times I ran it. The lvls. today were .8 on Davidson and 2.2 on the NF of the French Broad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home